Skip to main content

YOU ARE NOT A JUNK


Myles Munroe my favorite author once shared a wonderful thought in one of his work that holds a great deal of life lesson. He said, “A sculptor works in a very interesting way, and it would be great foolishness to argue with an artist until he is finished. He said; don’t discuss anything with a painter or a sculptor until his work is completed. An artist can be very rude if you disturb him before he has accomplished what he intends to do, because he sees differently that those who are not artists.
An artist can walk by the stone in your front yard and see a figure in it. He may stop by your house and beg you for a stone you have walked past many times without noticing. The dogs may have been doing stuff on it. You may even have been planning to get rid of it because it’s a nuisance. But the artist walks into your yard and sees something beautiful in that stone beyond what you can imagine.
Two months later when the artist invites you to his workshop he says, “do you see that? Do you know where it came from?”
“England or France?” you ask.
“No,” says the artist. “It came from your yard.”
“Do you mean….?”
“Yes.”
“Five hundred dollars, please.”
You were sitting on five hundred dollars; the dogs were doing stuff on five hundred dollars. But you couldn’t see the potential in that rock.
What is the essence of this illustration? There are many people who are being passed because others don’t see what is in them. There is a great deal of wealth on the inside of you, something no other person possess but you. You are not a junk.
Insight like that of a sculptor is seen in the Bible too. When the world dumps and rejects you, and you land on the garbage heap of the world, God walks along and picks you up. He looks deep within you and sees a great worth.
Don’t ever let anybody throw you away, because you are not a JUNK. When God looks at you, he see what every other person cannot see. You are worth so much that Christ had to die just for you. Don’t accept the opinions of people who can’t see what’s inside of you. God looked at Adam, and he saw the world. He looked at Abraham and saw nations. In Jacob the deceiver he saw a messiah. In Moses the murderer, God saw a deliverer. God saw a king in a young shepherd boy. Same goes to you.
Addiction doesn’t make you a junk. You are still a valuable piece in the sight of your maker. Being a single parent doesn’t write you off the value list of God. Don’t let anyone write you off, because God has his hand on you. You are not a black sheep like your parents and friends say.  Even when the world would want Saul killed, God saw the book of Romans, 1st and 2nd Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Letter to timothy. 
My friend, you are just another book in the printing house of God, waiting to be published. And when God launches you out, the world would marvel…………………….. You are not a junk.
Stay positive, stay strong, and remain blessed.


Comments

  1. Nice...no. Stellar...mmm a lot more above stellar. Your writing has improved a lot in months and I'm seeing a different and more exciting side of you by the day. Keep it up man. My eyes are still on you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hold On...

Our experiences in life changes just like the weather conditions. At different times we are faced with either pleasurable or harrowing conditions. Sometimes we experience heat-warming success, at other times we experience heart-rending  failures. Sometimes there is much joy and laughter, at other times there is much sorrow and sighing. Sometimes we bubble with life and health, other times we are over taken by sickness. Sometimes we enjoy prosperity with plenty, other times we endure lack and hunger. A lot of persons change with their changing circumstances. When the going gets good, they are elated and highly spirited, but when they get hit by an ugly circumstance, everything goes down completely. They lose the glee and gladness they once had when everything was favorable to them.  Most Christians do same. They love and obey God, go to church and do all manner of religious activities when things are all rosy, when there are no challenges, and turn against Him when things get ro

SOMEONES VIP

Firstly I want to say a very big thank you to all my wonderful readers, those who sent me mails to encourage my works and all those who call. You all have been wonderful and I must say that you inspire me too.   I would love to share a story with us, it got me thinking and also changed something in my life so I know it’s worth sharing. “I had an experience recently that made me feel completely invisible. I flew to Nashville to surprise my son Josh at his college. When I arrived, I made my way with my printed reservation to the rental car clerk. I handed over the reservation, and the clerk said, “Oh, we are sorry, but we gave away your car”. What do you mean you gave away my car?” I replied, “I have a reservation!”  He informed me that it was CMA (Country Music Awards) week, and they were really busy with lots of important people coming through. They didn’t have any cars left, but I would get the next car that came in. he went on to say “you just picked a really wrong time to com

LETTER TO MY TEENAGE BOY AND GIRL

My young boy and girl, you should make it a market of your time to discover the origin of love and   friendship, because it is only a mad man who eats without seeing the face of what he or she is eating. Love and friendship comes from the most high God. He is the inventor. His intention for creating love and friendship is to help mankind. God invented love when he realized that men cannot be at peace without his love being with them. My young boy and girl, what you feel for the opposite sex is not love because love is far bigger than mere feelings. At this sensitive point in your life, think of hoe to build stronger relationship not how to make love; LOVE is created through the act of relationship. Love is developed through friendship. My little girl, permit me to also say that sex is not a form of payment for someone loving you or doing something for you. There are many of your pseudo friends whose mindset and thought is to have sex with someone that they helped throug